My favorite go to snack for pre/post workout. Who am I kidding, these are eaten any and all times of the day! Never gets old. This particular one has bits of my favorite protein bar (Quest) right in the center. Simply delicious and really takes the whole “healthy” pop tart experience to a different level…. can you even take this madness? Isn’t it beautiful? Almost too good to eat….
I figured I might as well show you the whole creation process here since I will be adding LOT and lots more of these guys in the coming weeks! Same basic recipe for all of them though, just changing out some flavors and topping here and there! For now, here is the recipe and instructions for this beautiful chocolate peanut butter guy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pop Tarts
- 1/2 scoop (about 2 tbsp) chocolate protein powder (I used chocolate peanut butter Trutein)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3-4 tbsp water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tortilla of choice
- 1/8 Quest bar (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (I used Better N Peanut Butter Low sodium)
- chocolate sprinkles
- mix protein powder, coconut flour, and water until you have a thick but smooth consistency
- spread mixture in the center of the tortilla in the shape of a square or rectangle
- add Quest bar bits
- fold one side over mixture, fold the opposite side over to overlap, then fold in the remaining two sides until you have a nicely sealed “package”
- cook pop tart in a pre heated skillet or panini press until golden brown and crisp
- top with peanut butter and sprinkles
Viola. Healthy “pop tart”! Stay tuned for lots more ideas for these!
MarissaJanuary 31, 2014 at 10:21 pm
Thats so awesome! Love it. Thanks for sharing!
VictoriaFebruary 4, 2014 at 9:28 pm
I am going to have to try this out! I love poptarts, don’t really love how bad they are for you :p
corinaFebruary 4, 2014 at 9:35 pm
Victoria, these are definitely a healthier alternative BUT regular Pop Tarts every now and then a fine too 🙂 Moderation in diet & life!!! Thats my philosophy anyways!
Katie @ 24 Carrot LifeFebruary 6, 2014 at 6:52 pm
This is brilliant! Totally making this ASAP!
Katie @ 24 Carrot LifeFebruary 11, 2014 at 11:32 pm
I made this and it was SO good. I added 3 tablespoons almond milk and it was way too watery so i had to increase my protein powder to 1 scoop, coconut flour to 1.5 tablespoons and added 2.5 tablespoons peanut flour to bring it back to the right consistency. I used this as my icing too instead of peanut butter. It worked out great because now I still have half the mixture to make another one tomorrow!
LauraJanuary 7, 2015 at 1:17 am
I made this just and it was amazing!!!! I used a paleo wrap instead of a tortilla. The subtle coconut texture was awesome with this recipe. Gonna do another for breakfast tomorrow morning! Thanks Corina! Can’t wait to see what other snack ideas you come up with!