Nutella… who doesn’t absolutely LOVE it?
Me actually!!! While I DO love that classic chocolate hazelnut flavor, I certainly do NOT like the less than optimal ingredients that are used in the jars that grace our supermarket aisles. Sure, no doubt its convenient and delicious, but I don’t think people realize just how simple and easy it is to make right at home. Not only that, but being able to control the ingredients, quality of ingredients, as well as adjust it to your own personal liking? Priceless!
My daughter is a sucker for Nutella. Both kiddos (and myself) actually. So whenever they get that craving, instead of running to the store for a new jar I run to the fridge and pantry for my ingredients. Honestly, in LESS time that it takes to leave the house to buy a jar you can have your own and feel really really really good about eating it!
Did you know that hazelnuts actually have amazing health properties?
- great source of fiber (big bonus for being keto friendly)
- high amounts of monounsaturated fats which help lower your LDL (“bad” cholesterol) and increase your HDL (“good” cholesterol)
- good source of magnesium and manganese
- high in vitamin E and antioxidants
- improves brain health
- wonderful for hair, skin, and nails
So this homemade ‘Nutella’? Yaaassss I’m about the hazelnut life!
And yup… everything in a food processor or blender. Its THAT easy 🙂
** to make these ketogenic **
- swap out the honey & dates for Swerve, erythritol, monk fruit, or stevia
- swap out the 1 cup of oats with 1/3 cup of coconut flour OR 1 cup of almond flour
See how I used our homemade ‘Nutella’ and energy bites in THIS video below.