Keto cereal? Kind of sounds like an oxymoron doesn’t it? Now I can’t speak for everyone, but do you know what people miss most when they eat keto diet (besides bread of course….duh)?
There aren’t necessarily and foods that I “miss” per se and I truly truly truly from the bottom of my heart LOVE my ketogenic lifestyle and EVERYTHING I eat. However, I vividly remember during my carby, sugar burning days you could usually find me eating 1, 2, 3 bowls of cereal on any given occasion. Man, I was seriously addicted to ALL the cereal. Didn’t matter what brand, what kind, or what flavor. If I had a box of cereal, some dairy free milk, a bowl, and a spoon? Oh, it was on my friends. It was on. I could go to town on some cereal.
Unfortunately, one of the very few downsides to keto is not having cereal options quite as availably ready to go at the drop of a hat. We don’t have the luxury of going to any supermarket, Target, Walmart, or Costco where there is a huge long row of every type of cereal you can imagine. While there are a couple keto friendly options available on the market, most have less than desirable ingredients and/or they contain soy which is a no no no go for me. After about seven to eight months straight of full and true nutritional ketosis, I decided it was high time I come up with my own cereal that I could eat anytime I want. I’ve been enjoying it for at least six months now, but have a new and improved version that I am so excited to share with you today! This version is extra chocolatey, extra crunchy, filled with all the healthful things, AND even has a couple of extra touches of protein and nutrients!
It was like a match made in heaven for this recipe because when my friends at Perfect Keto launched their new (and AWESOME) Keto CHOCOLATE Collagen Powder (did you see me mention it was CHOCOLATE flavored??? MMMMMM….), I knew this would certainly be going into this cereal recipe. Prior to the launch of this new product, I had already been putting collagen protein and MCT powder in my daily “bulletproof” decaf or herbal tea latte. Perfect Keto has officially just made my life SO much easier by combining my add in’s into one product. Genius.
So many amazing health benefits:
- 100% GRASS-FED COLLAGEN – Sourced from 100% grass-fed collagen peptides from USA cattle. We do not support clear cutting of the Brazilian Amazon rainforest.
- MCT OIL POWDER – Each serving comes with 5 grams of pure MCT oil powder, which raises blood ketone levels. Each serving of the product uses 1.5 grams of acacia fiber, which has no effect on blood sugar and is a prebiotic fiber for gut health.
- KETO PROTEIN POWDER – Each serving has a 2:1 ratio of grass-fed collagen protein to MCT. This allows for an increase in ketone levels and immediate energy while also getting a premium source of protein.
- DELICIOUS TASTE – We use 100% all-natural cocoa powder and stevia leaf powder as the only ingredients which provide a rich, delicious and clean taste profile — like chocolate milk!
- NOTHING ARTIFICIAL – We use only real ingredients in our product. Each serving contains 100% grass-fed collagen, MCT oil powder, cocoa powder and stevia leaf. No artificial sweeteners, coloring, chemicals, or binding agents.
And why collagen???
“Collagen is different than other proteins. The amino acids will help support hair, nail, skin and other tissues while also building strength in joint surfaces, ligaments, tendons and connective tissue. Muscle meat can’t do that, only collagen.
Along with collagen, our keto protein contains MCT oil powder to provide both immediate and lasting energy to the body. These two ingredients combine to make the most effective keto protein powder out there.
TIP: Each scoop is equivalent to 2 cups of bone broth collagen. As an added bonus, our MCT oil powder is made with acacia fiber, which has no effect on blood sugar and acts as a prebiotic to increase gut health.
Not only is this recipe delicious & nutritious, but its also a BREEZE to make! You can watch my video HERE to see just how simple it is! About 45 minutes from start to finish and you are ready to get your spoon and bowl ready!”
Look at how gorgeous this stuff is! So full of chocolate flavor. So crisp. The texture is absolutely perfect. Use it as a granola on your yogurt, chia seed pudding, as a topping to heavy whipped coconut cream, or even as a quick & easy on the go snack to keep on hand (or in your purse)!
Get your bowls ready keto friends… one of the BEST low carb cereals (or granolas) you will come across! This is something you will absolutely want to keep on hand in your pantry at all times. And unlike traditional sugary cereals, this one will absolutely NOT leave you feeling like a bottomless pit. All that fiber, all of the nutrients, all of the healthy fats will give you the energy and satiety that IS keto!